Author Topic: how should i go east from Santa Barbara to Grand Canyon  (Read 2396 times)

Offline cliffordbarnabus

how should i go east from Santa Barbara to Grand Canyon
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:06:31 am »
quick background, i just joined this site!  from 2005-2010 i rode my bike around the world.  i am now on a fl to fl trip.  i went up the appalachians, west across southern canada/northern usa, and am now going south along the pacific coast.  my feet and pedals are now in san fran.

from here i will ride to santa barbara and then...east back to fl via the grand canyon.  at least this is the plan.

the vastness of the desert is fine, but i'm just wondering if anybody has a sweet viable route where i don't have to lug too much water.  fyi, i don't mind, if need be, riding on the interstates.

any help would be awesome,
gracias,
cb

Offline aggie

Re: how should i go east from Santa Barbara to Grand Canyon
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:17:43 am »
There don't seem to be many good roads to get to the Grand Canyon from Santa Barbara.   A good route might be to take PCH or the ACA Pacific Coast route to Santa Monica.  Then take ACA's new route 66 to the canyon.  There may be a more direct route from Santa Barbara to connect with Route 66 but I'm not familiar with those roads.