Author Topic: FS: Beckman Designs Modular Tandem/Expedition Rear Panniers  (Read 2452 times)

Offline BrianW

FS: Beckman Designs Modular Tandem/Expedition Rear Panniers
« on: November 07, 2015, 05:59:12 pm »
Selling one pair of expedition-quality modular rear panniers by Robert Beckman Designs (aka Sakkit). These are an extra-large set originally designed for tandem use, but also great for any kind of long (or short!) trip due to their modular design and flexibility.

The modular design features a rear compartment (with several dividers inside) and a front compartment that easily zips off to make the set smaller or so you can take just a few necessities into wherever you are going. The front compartment area has a fully zippered closed part as well as a mesh outer pocket with its own zipper for clothes drying or other quick access.

With all the compartments attached, these are big panniers, probably 3600-4000 cubic inches all told. The bags are made to be bomb-proof, with Cordura nylon, heavy duty zippers, etc. They are handmade in the USA by Beckman.

The color is a teal green (for some reason they look blue in the photos, but they aren't).

These are older Beckman panniers, but still in very good condition. One of the small compression straps is missing on one of the panniers, easily replaced with some 3/4" webbing and a buckle from REI. No rips or tears, and the fabric and zippers are in perfect condition. They could use a good cleaning, and they smell a bit musty due to being stored, but that's about all they need.

While Beckman panniers are designed to be used on certain brands of racks (commonly Bruce Gordon or Beckman Designs), these will fit on Blackburn or Tubus racks with just a bit of reworking of the lower straps.

Lots of photos on my ad on crazyguyonabike.com at https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/classifieds/?o=wA&classified_id=5191&v=j

Selling these hard to find panniers for $160 + shipping. I'm not in a hurry to sell, and the price is firm (to get a set of these new would be well over $500, probably more like $650, so I think $160 is fair). Located in the Philadelphia, Pa., area.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:15:31 pm by briwasson »

Offline pjackman

Re: FS: Beckman Designs Modular Tandem/Expedition Rear Panniers
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 02:12:05 am »
Hello, are your Beckman panniers still for sale?

Patrick Jackman
604-874-5774

Offline BrianW

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 09:14:25 pm »
Just posted in your WTB ad. I do have another set of NOS modular Beckman panniers, and a smaller matching set.

Offline pjackman

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 04:20:13 pm »
PM sent.

Offline BrianW

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 04:57:28 pm »
PM replied! :-)