Author Topic: My 1st Solo Bicycle Touring Trip in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania etc  (Read 1132 times)

Biketouringhobo

This is going to be my 1st Solo Bicycle Touring Trip in the
Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania
and This Bicycle Touring Trip was planned back on
11-2013 and I was going to go on 5-3-2014 but something come up that had to be done

I also have plans of a 1st solo Bike Touring Trip of the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania on 5-4-2019 on Amtrak train from LA, CA to Syracuse, NY then ride to Scranton, PA to Start a loop of the Pocono Mountains and North Western New Jersey... and I am going to save for my Amtrak Train Ticket
and I am still working on where I am going to end my Bicycle
Touring Trip and I may have to Rent a Storage Unit on my Bicycle Touring Trip? to get on Greyhound Bus Round Trip back to Oceanside, CA to see my Doctor for my medication

Anyone have any tips on miles on a bike? and I was looking at 20 to 50 miles a day and I am doing Stealth Camping on my Trip and on my route I see no Warmshowers.org host and I will be doing Stealth Camping on my Route of the Pocono Mountains and North Western New Jersery. and I am using the
Sun Ringle zuzu DH Platform Pedals and I am going to walk the hills to rest my legs. and I am going to be using my Merrell
Moab Gore-Tex Mid Hiking Boots

I have done 20 miles a day in San Diego, CA doing Stealth Bike Camping and I have shakedown trip from Riverside, CA via Indio, CA to Niland, CA(Slab City) on 12-2018

Feedback is Appreciated..
Thanks

This is my Bicycle Touring Trip Blog on Facebook
(Touring on a Bicycle)
https://www.facebook.com/TouringBicycleonaSurlyLHT/

PS. My back up plan is to go on Amtrak Train to Portland, Oregon on 6-3-2019 then do my Bicycle Touring Trip to San Diego,CA on the Pacific Coast Bicycle Route

Tim
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:53:57 am by Biketouringhobo »

Offline jwrushman

I'm guessing you're following NY State bicycle Route 11.   I've not ridden this route but drove from Syracuse to Delaware Water Gap this summer.  Along the route (Interstate 81) I was thinking "Boy, I'm glad I'm not bicycling here!".  Lots of PITA hills.  Maybe the bicycle route is better. 

Where in NJ are you headed?  There are some lovely areas in northwestern NJ, but the drivers can sometimes be obnoxious.  (I live here and, I'm sorry to admit, I'm not always a patient driver).