Author Topic: Three Cheers for Noxon, MT!  (Read 971 times)

Offline BikeliciousBabe

Three Cheers for Noxon, MT!
« on: July 03, 2019, 03:18:49 pm »
For $10 you can camp in the city park. (Register at the grocery store.) There are two covered pavilions with concrete floors, tables and chairs. You can pitch your tent under one of it's raining or on the lush grass. Electrical outlets for charging. Water. Great views of the surrounding mountains and Clark Fork River, where you can swim. Lots of ospreys flying around. Directly across the street from the park are a café that is open from 8 until 5, a grocery store than is open from 9-6 and a bar that is open until whenever. 24 hr. laundry place. Lots of friendly people. No showers and a clean Forest Service-type vault toilet. MT 200 is was across the river, so the road noise is minimal, but you will hear some trains from over there.

Great place spend the night if you are riding MT 200 west from Thompson Falls (but do take Blue Slide Rd. first) or east from the Northern Tier. Center of town is six miles east of the junction of MT 200 and MT 56. Look up at the osprey nest on the bridge.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/30448425?beta=false

Offline JHamelman

Re: Three Cheers for Noxon, MT!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 08:55:31 am »
Thanks for writing about Noxon! I'm putting this info on the Map Updates & Corrections so we can add it to the NT map. Sounds like a great stop!

Jennifer
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Jennifer Hamelman
Assistant Director, Routes & Mapping
Cartographer

Adventure Cycling Association
Inspiring and empowering people to travel by bicycle.
800/755-2453, 406/721-1776 x205
www.adventurecycling.org

Follow Routes & Mapping on Twitter: @acaroutes

Offline JHamelman

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 09:51:21 am »
BikeliciousBabe,

Can you confirm for me that the city park you are referring to is where your RWGPS link ends at 3rd St. and Railroad Rd.? Thanks!

Jennifer
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Jennifer Hamelman
Assistant Director, Routes & Mapping
Cartographer

Adventure Cycling Association
Inspiring and empowering people to travel by bicycle.
800/755-2453, 406/721-1776 x205
www.adventurecycling.org

Follow Routes & Mapping on Twitter: @acaroutes

Offline BikeliciousBabe

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 01:18:43 pm »
BikeliciousBabe,

Can you confirm for me that the city park you are referring to is where your RWGPS link ends at 3rd St. and Railroad Rd.? Thanks!

Jennifer

It is. I stopped mapping at the general location of the park, which is 3/4 of a city block wide, and across the street from the bar, store and café. You don't want to take Bartholomew because it's not paved.

Here is a photo of part of the park and the crucial services across the street:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/105349603@N05/48274237041/in/album-72157709619080636/

On a completely unrelated note, I started out west from Missoula and discovered that along the road to Frenchtown (Waldo, become Frenchtown Frontage) there is a bike path that's virtually completed. (Just needs some draining cuts paved flush and a few other touches.) Don't remember that being there in 2017. It runs all the way to the I-90 on ramp at Huson.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 07:44:19 am by BikeliciousBabe »