Author Topic: Using a Bump Box while biking  (Read 389 times)

Offline BikeliciousBabe

Re: Using a Bump Box while biking
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2019, 09:59:28 am »
I always choose one-post-office towns. Hours for all post offices are available online.
Good point. My last experience with GD was way back in 2000.  Didn't even have a cell phone back then.

Offline John Nettles

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 06:36:01 pm »
I agree with John Nelson regarding one post office towns. 

The few times I have used them, I look only like either on Google Maps or PostalLocations.com  I try to call the actual office, not the 800 number to confirm.  I aim for towns that are in the 2000-4000 polpulation range as they POs tend to be open at least 5 days and the offices tend to be in the central business district as they were the original one.

I also always target to hit between a Tuesday and Thursday as I rarely am ahead of schedule and if it arrives on a Tuesday, I have several days of buffer before the weekend closure.

Using these methods, I have had very good luck the handful or so of times I have used them.

Tailwinds, John

Offline staehpj1

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2019, 06:42:59 pm »
My last experience with GD was way back in 2000.
It has been a while for me as well.  Not quite that long but quite a while.  The last time I recall was in 2007.  I have mailed stuff home since then and there were times when I should have had things mailed to me, but didn't.