Author Topic: Natchez Trace Parkway  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Pat Lamb

Re: Natchez Trace Parkway
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 03:51:49 pm »
Double-check the fine print on your airline travel voucher.  I tried to rebook a canceled trip a while back, and found out (too late) the travel had to either start or be completed by the date on the voucher.  Like you're thinking now, I had thought I only had to book it by the expiration date.

Expensive lesson learned.

Offline PNWRider92

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 04:10:34 pm »
Double-check the fine print on your airline travel voucher.  I tried to rebook a canceled trip a while back, and found out (too late) the travel had to either start or be completed by the date on the voucher.  Like you're thinking now, I had thought I only had to book it by the expiration date.

Expensive lesson learned.

My voucher is with Frontier and they only require the trip be booked before the expiration date. The voucher actually expired June 24th so I had to book a fake trip and then cancel it to get another 90 days for the voucher. 

The problem I'm running into is that you can't book multi city trips on Frontier and they issued me a voucher for $206.20 and I can only use it on one of the legs. If my tickets are less than that I lose out on the difference. Right now a ticket from Denver to New Orleans is $80 and Charolette to Denver is $43. Frontier doesn't fly out of Charleston after the fall so I have to catch a bus from Charleston to Charolette.

That combined with Frontier cancelling 75% of their flights per day is leading me to think I should use another airline and use my Frontier voucher for a roundtrip flight sometime in 2021.

I wish Frontier had offered a refund to the original payment method but no luck.
Instagram: tyjames0604

Wisconsin --> Washington ---> Colorado

Offline PNWRider92

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 08:12:17 pm »
I did schedule my trip!

Departing Denver 9/7 and Charleston 10/5.

Exactly 4 weeks. More than enough time but with hurricane season I figured it would give me about 9 days here and there if I need to take days off for weather etc.
Instagram: tyjames0604

Wisconsin --> Washington ---> Colorado