Author Topic: rear rack for Marrakesh  (Read 1497 times)

Offline witzgall

rear rack for Marrakesh
« on: May 29, 2020, 12:35:48 pm »
I have a Marrakesh on it's way to me!!!

it is built from frame bike, so no rear rack. Salsa makes a nice rack, but I am looking for options. I have read that the issue with other racks are that they sit too high. Has anyone here used a different rack on a Marrakesh?

Photo of bike, but I am not buying the wheels.

Offline John Nettles

Re: rear rack for Marrakesh
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 01:26:13 pm »
First, welcome to the ACA Forums.  Regarding your question, I can't help directly as I don't have that bike.  However, I suggest you can try over on CrazyGuyonaBike.com forums and see if they anyone there does as I have seen some people mention the Marrakesh there before.

Tailwinds, John

Offline witzgall

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 02:25:12 pm »
Thanks for the welcome - it was indeed my first post here. I am trying to get back into riding. I was a road racer in my teens, and then after that a little bit of mountain biking. Backpacking on my 20s. Did the adventure touring on motorcycles in my 30s. Sailing, etc starting in my 40s and still doing that. I guess this combines my first two passions, biking and backpacking?

I am checking out that other forum. The interface is certainly different.

Chris

Offline aggie

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 02:39:37 pm »
You may also want to do a search on this forum and see if anything pops up.

Offline danny dea

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 11:21:24 pm »
Witzgall, I have a Marrakesh 2017 with the alternator dropouts.  I looked into using a Topeak rack, but with the alternator dropouts it sat way high above the rear tire.  Didn't really  try too hard to find other racks that would work and used the rack that came with the bike.  I've been happy with it.  Danny

Offline witzgall

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 01:46:36 pm »
I took John N's advice and went to that other forum - and found a nice front and rear set of OldManMountain racks for $65 shipped to me. They will arrive Friday. Even if I only use one, it would be a good deal in my mind. Thanks everyone for the help!

Chris

Offline John Nettles

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 02:38:42 pm »
Glad it worked out for you.  Tailwinds, John