Author Topic: Heading out of South Florida (Broward County) north.  (Read 768 times)

Offline John Nettles

Re: Heading out of South Florida (Broward County) north.
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2020, 01:24:28 pm »
If you are in Fort Lauderdale, just start out with the Atlantic Coast and/or the Florida Connector route.  Get a few weeks under your belt.  You can use ACA's phone app (you have to buy the app maps though).
Once you get north a little bit, your routes start to increase.  The routes are sold in segments so you do not have to buy the entire Southern Tier if you only want to go to say Mobile before heading north on the Underground Railroad route.

Best, John

P.S. Remember that if you ask 10 people for their opinion, you will probably get 10 different answers.

Offline Pat Lamb

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2020, 04:19:01 pm »
P.S. Remember that if you ask 10 people for their opinion, you will probably get 10 different answers.

No, I think that's 11 different answers.  8)

Re: the different sites.  Remember (as in, never forget) crazyguy is a private site.  If you disagree with the proprietor, don't do it on  that site.  Best advice I neglected was to use CGOAB for the trip journals, and don't participate in the forum there.  It's easier to post a cycling journal on CGOAB than anyplace else I know.

You might also want to check out the Touring section of bikeforums.net.  Many of the same people here participate at bf as well, but there's less emphasis on Adventure Cycling routes over there.

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 04:35:21 pm »
Wow thank you John and Pat. Also Bikeforums.net!! Also I saw Reddit as well. I’ll drive myself crazy with all of that though.

I do need to figure out how to journal but can’t be too hard. Also I wasn’t planning on bringing a camera (I figure I’ll use my cell for now). I can get a camera along the way.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:04:38 pm by Midlife Crisis On A Bike »