Author Topic: BOB cargo trailers discontinued  (Read 580 times)

Offline aggie

BOB cargo trailers discontinued
« on: August 22, 2020, 10:54:13 am »
I've had two people tell me BOB no longer makes the Yak or Ibex cargo trailers.  Is this accurate?  I haven't been able to find anything online to confirm this information.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 10:39:46 pm by aggie »

Offline driftlessregion

Re: BOB cargo trailers
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 10:20:23 am »
The Yak did disappear from their website for a time but has reappeared.

Offline Ghspalding

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 01:16:11 pm »
I have a Yak for sale never used it. Decided. To go with bags. Live in Atlanta.  $250 and we can discuss shipping $.   Thks, Geo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline aggie

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 08:37:15 pm »
I just received confirmation from a retail seller that BOB cargo trailers (ibex, yak) are no longer being manufactured.  They recommended Burley Coho as a replacement.  No explanation. 

Offline staehpj1

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 05:17:35 am »
The base BoB page seems to be all about strollers now with no mention of bike trailers.  If you search you can still find active pages for the trailers though.  Not sure what that means, but it does sound likely that they are no longer being made.  Strange that there seems to be no announcement or explanation.
https://www.bobgear.com/yak-bike-trailer
https://www.bobgear.com/ibex-bike-trailer

Offline aggie

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 10:12:02 am »
If you go to the BOB parts pages for any of the trailer parts it refers you "select" retailers like Amazon.  When you go to amazon there is only 1 trailer listed for sale by a company other than Amazon and it says they only have 1 left.  Most of the other listings when you do a search are for Burley trailers.  BOB must be making most if its money on strollers and since the bike trailer market was a niche market at best they must have decided to exit the market.  Too bad.  They made some very durable and reliable trailers and are classic.