Author Topic: Cell phone coverage in N. Section of Idaho Hot Springs Mtn. Bike Route?  (Read 870 times)

Offline jpfiester

Hello,
      I'm looking at the Verizon (my carrier) cell phone coverage map for areas east and north of Crouch, Cascade, and McCall and it look like almost the entire area is covered. Can anybody confirm this? I'm trying to not have my wife buy me a GPS emergency backcountry device.  :o

Offline John Nelson

I can’t give you a first-hand report. I hope someone else can. But I will comment that carrier coverage maps are quite optimistic. If the carrier says that they cover an area, you may still have to hike to the top of some hill to get it.

Offline BikeliciousBabe

I can’t give you a first-hand report. I hope someone else can. But I will comment that carrier coverage maps are quite optimistic. If the carrier says that they cover an area, you may still have to hike to the top of some hill to get it.

+1.  Or the level of coverage may be so low that it's hard to make a call or send a text.

From the Verizon map:

"This map shows approximate outdoor coverage and is not a guarantee of service. Actual coverage may vary and is subject to change."