Author Topic: FS: Co-Motion Pangea w/ S&S Couplers Touring Bike  (Read 1202 times)

Offline BrianW

FS: Co-Motion Pangea w/ S&S Couplers Touring Bike
« on: April 08, 2021, 10:53:32 am »
Co-Motion Pangea gravel / touring bicycle with S&S travel couplers. This bike will handle just about anything you want to do, from road rides, to gravel, to around-the-world touring! Standover height is 30 inches (more measurements below). Frame accepts tires from narrow (1.25" road tires on there now) to wider off-road knobbies. Handbuilt by CoMotion Cycles in Oregon out of Reynolds 725 chrome-moly steel tubing. 27-speed XTR/XT drivetrain. 26" wheels. Co-Motion is a well-respected custom/semi-custom builder known for touring, gravel, cross, and tandem bikes. Do a Web search and you'll find a lot of great reviews of the Pangea. It's still a current model -- price for a new, coupled frameset alone is $3145 ($4600 for a full bike). Many more photos available, please ask.

Co-Motion's description:

"Far from a mountain bike with a drop bar, the Pangea is designed with the stable, responsive touring geometry that has made Co-Motion an industry leader.
- Super-duty, extra-large diameter Reynolds 725 Steel tubing and rock-steady hand-built touring fork
- Long chain-stays, room for fat tires and fenders, plus fittings for three bottles, front and rear racks, fenders, and the toughness you need for your global touring expedition"

I really love this bike for gravel rides and loaded touring, and have used it for through-rides of the GAP, C&O, and other trails. It's responsive and smooth unloaded (full bike weighs around 23# as currently built up), but load it up and it carries the weight without complaint. I'm only selling it because I have other bikes and don't use this one enough to justify it sitting in my garage, although I'm sure I'll miss it next time I do a tour.

The bike does have scratches on the frame, all of which have been touched up, and it looks fine from five feet away. Otherwise it is in great condition. It's been used as intended for touring and gravel, so is not pristine, but is well maintained. I'm the second owner (bought on consignment from a bike shop).

S&S couplers allow the frame to be taken apart in minutes to easily pack into an airline-checkable suitcase. Sorry, an S&S case is NOT included in the sale, but you will get the special S&S coupler spanner wrench.

FRAME
-Co-Pilot travel option with S & S couplers
-Reynolds 725 steel tubing
-Frame measurements: standover height is 30 inches. Seat tube is 19.5" c-c, 20" c-top of top tube, and 20.5 to top of seat collar. Wheelbase is 103." Ask if you want more measurements!
-Full touring braze-ons, including front and rear rack and three bottle-cage mounts

COMPONENTS
-Brakes: Avid SD-7 V-brakes
-Brake levers: Cane Creek for drop bars and V-brakes
-Rear derailleur: Shimano XTR M971, long cage
-Front derailleur: Shimano XT M761
-Shifters: Shimano Dura-Ace bar-end, 9-speed, indexed w/friction override
-Cassette: Shimano XT M770 11-34 9-speed
-Crankset: Race Face Deus, 24/34/46 rings
-Headset: Chris King 1-1/8", black threadless
-Wheelset: Beautiful and indestructible White Industries hubs laced to Bontrager rims
-Handlebars: FSA Omega, 42cm, 31.8
-Stem: Generic alloy 31.8 high-rise; I have a low-rise one I can put on instead if you wish
-Seatpost: Kalloy Uno Seraph, 29.8 x 350mm, black (some wear to black anodizing due to seat bag strap)
-Pedals: not included
-Misc: alloy QR seatpost binder; DaVinci cable splitters on all cables (except front brake); inline cable adjusters

Price is $1650. Located in the Philadelphia, Pa., area. Will consider shipping or meeting a buyer within a 1-hour drive. PayPal accepted for long-distance sale, with seller/buyer splitting the fee.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 10:55:12 am by BrianW »