Author Topic: Routes - Idaho Hot Springs Mountain Bike - Stanley to Galena  (Read 298 times)

Offline Steve from Idaho

Routes - Idaho Hot Springs Mountain Bike - Stanley to Galena
« on: March 03, 2022, 05:47:15 pm »
Greetings fellow cyclists - I'm planning to follow the Idaho Hot Springs Mountain Bike Route from Stanley to Galena Lodge this summer.  i rode the northern route from McCall to Stanley last year and the southern route from McCall to Idaho City to Ketchum to Stanley two years ago.  We hit nasty weather at the Galena summit that year and ended up riding the highway to Stanley.  So I missed the actual gravel/mountain bike section from Galena summit to Stanley.  Would someone be willing to provide a brief description of this section?  How long did it take you?  Is it mostly gravel road or is there some trail riding near the summit?  I remember the route from the Galena Lodge to the summit being more of a rocky trail.  I liked this a lot but am comfortable riding single track on my mountain bike.  Others in this year's group are fine on gravel roads but less confident on trails, especially with loaded bikes.  Any details you care to share will be appreciated.  Thanks!