Author Topic: Lazy Louie Tapes?  (Read 3163 times)

Offline hamachi

Lazy Louie Tapes?
« on: April 17, 2006, 05:32:40 pm »
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a copy of Lazy Louie's song tape?

Lazy Louie hosted a free camp for cyclists in Missouri in the 1970s and 1980s.  I stayed at his camp during my Transam ride in 1982 and found him to be similar to the Cookie Lady in many ways: warm, hospitable, and a friend to all bicycle riders.  He told me that he had been giving up his summer vacations since 1974 to provide a place for bike riders to stay.  He passed away some time in the late 1980s.

I heard that Lazy Louie was a pretty fair guitar player in his day.  He used to sell tapes of his songs of the Transamerica Trail.  I never got a chance to hear him play, so now I'm trying to locate some of his work.

Offline bikerbill

Lazy Louie Tapes?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 12:40:31 pm »
I just read your message. I have a cassette. Contact me for a copy (bmullen18@comcast.net).  Low fidelity. Quite a character.

Offline Grace Johnson

Re: Lazy Louie Tapes?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 05:54:22 am »
For those interested in hearing some of Lazy Louie’s songs, we have placed two of them Biker’s Dream and My hard bicycle seat on the Trans America trail section of our website.

They can be found here:  https://impressions.bicyclingaroundtheworld.nl/america-trans-america-trail-lazy-louie/

You need to click on the gold popup links to hear them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 09:51:42 am by JHamelman »
BicycleTraveler is a free digital magazine on international bicycle touring.  www.bicycletraveler.nl

Offline John Nettles

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 10:53:17 am »
Grace,
Unrelated to your post but a quick THANKS for producing one of the PREMIER cyclotouring
"e-zines" (magazines only on the web). Thanks for doing this!!!
Tailwinds, John

Offline Grace Johnson

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 04:10:28 am »
You’re welcome John, and thanks for the compliment!

We’re now busy putting together the next issue. It will hopefully come out sometime in the fall.
BicycleTraveler is a free digital magazine on international bicycle touring.  www.bicycletraveler.nl