Author Topic: Bicycle Insurance  (Read 4463 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline laurahsmith

Bicycle Insurance
« on: June 11, 2008, 12:14:54 pm »
Hi everyone,
I live in the UK and am coming over to the US in September for a 45 day tour.
I can't seem to find any bike insurance which covers me for longer than 45 days on a trip outside of Europe. Although my trip is 45 days, with the travel each side it will be longer than that, but I've got no way of extending it to make sure I am covered for the whole time. Does anyone know of a policy that covers you for longer than 45 days on worldwide trips?

Offline lynnteer

Bicycle Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 08:44:22 pm »
Hi Laura,
Do you have home owners or renters insurance? I am a renter and my renters insurance covers my bike wherever it goes. You may want to try one of these policies, understand that they may all be diffeent with different rules.


Offline DaveB

Bicycle Insurance
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:05:50 pm »
Here in the US we can get a "rider" on our homeowners or renters insurance to cover a specifically "scheduled" item for all hazards including theft outside the home. These are used to cover special high value items like jewelery, cameras, musical instruments, antiques, etc.  You might see if you can add such a rider to your home insurance to cover your bike.