Author Topic: Arkel GT-54s red --$250--  (Read 4038 times)

Offline tandem.cap

Arkel GT-54s red --$250--
« on: July 26, 2010, 08:12:02 pm »
I'm asking $250; when new, they cost $380 (see http://www.arkel-od.com/us/all-categories/touring-bike-bag/gt-54-grand-touring-pannier.html).

Many believe these rear touring panniers to be the best. I bought this pair of bright red bags new about five years ago, and my wife and I used them to ride the Lewis and Clark trail from the Pacific in Oregon to Montana, then later on the TransAm trail through the Rockies from Montana to Colorado. While being slung about in an airport, the detachable fanny pack disappeared, but all else is intact and in good working order. These sturdy bags and their multitude of pockets were hugely helpful for fully-loaded touring.

As Arkel puts it:

"The flagship of the Arkel line, the GT-54’s are simply the best touring panniers available. With features like a removable tube for carrying your sleeping pad and tent poles, a convertible fanny pack and specialty pockets, the GT-54’s are absolutely unique and are a gem of functionality. An internal aluminum frame supports the load and the full-length zippers give you complete access to your gear. The GT-54’s come with a fully waterproof, integrated liner bag inside the main compartment. Designed to go the distance, the GT-54’s are ready for whatever the road has to offer."